The Shrine of Divine Mercy will be starting the New Year of 2021 having First Friday (9pm Eastern) and First Saturday (3pm-6pm)devotions.
You can join on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/DivineMercy_Official/featured
“I promise you, in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the first Friday for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance; they shall not die in my disgrace nor without receiving the sacraments; my divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in that last moment.” — Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary
How to complete the First Friday’s Devotion:
- Receive Holy Communion on each First Friday;
- The nine Fridays must be consecutive;
- They must be made in honor and in reparation to His Sacred Heart.
ACT OF REPARATION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS
Sacred Heart of Jesus, animated with a desire to repair the outrages unceasingly offered to Thee, we prostrate before Thy throne of mercy, and in the name of all mankind, pledge our love and fidelity to Thee!
The more Thy mysteries are blasphemed, the more firmly we shall believe them, O Sacred Heart of Jesus!
The more impiety endeavors to extinguish our hopes of immortality, the more we shall trust in Thy Heart, sole hope of mankind!
The more hearts resist Thy Divine attractions, the more we shall love Thee, O infinitely amiable Heart of Jesus!
The more unbelief attacks Thy Divinity, the more humbly and profoundly we shall adore It, O Divine Heart of Jesus!
The more Thy holy laws are transgressed and ignored, the more we shall delight to observe them, O most holy Heart of Jesus!
The more Thy Sacraments are despised and abandoned, the more frequently we shall receive them with love and reverence, O most liberal Heart of Jesus!
The more the imitation of Thy virtues is neglected and forgotten, the more we shall endeavor to practice them, O Heart of Jesus, model of every virtue!
The more the devil labors to destroy souls, the more we shall be inflamed with desire to save them, O Heart of Jesus, zealous Lover of souls!
The more sin and impurity destroy the image of God in man, the more we shall try by purity of life to be a living temple of the Holy Spirit, O Heart of Jesus!
The more Thy Holy Church is despised, the more we shall endeavor to be her faithful children, O Sweet Heart of Jesus!
The more Thy Vicar on earth is persecuted, the more we will honor him as the infallible head of Thy Holy Church, show our fidelity and pray for him, O kingly Heart of Jesus!
O Sacred Heart, through Thy powerful grace, may we become Thy apostles in the midst of a corrupted world, and be Thy crown in the kingdom of heaven. Amen.
12 Promises of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
The First Saturday Devotion
In the July 13, 1917 apparition at Fatima, Our Lady said, “I shall come to ask for…the Communion of Reparation on the first Saturdays.” She came expressly to request this devotion when she appeared to Sister Lucia on December 10, 1925, in Pontevedra, Spain, where she was preparing to start her religious life.
The Motives for the Devotion
While Sister Lucia was in the chapel with Our Lord during part of the night of May 29-30, 1930, He explained the motivation for the devotion. This explanation answered the question posed by her confessor about why the number should be five Saturdays and not nine to correspond with the nine First Fridays, or seven to correspond with Our Lady’s seven sorrows.
Our Lord responded that there are five ways that people offend and blaspheme against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
1. Offences or blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception – its denial and/or ridicule
2. Against her perpetual virginity
3. Against her divine maternity, refusing to accept her as the Mother of God and Mother of all mankind
4. Those who implant in children’s hearts, indifference, contempt and even hate against our Immaculate Mother
5. Insults directed against her sacred images –displays of indifference or ridicule, and the infliction of damage to them.
The Essential Elements of Devotion
With the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart for these five offenses, we are asked to:
1. Go to confession (Can be within 8 days before or after the First Saturday)
2. Receive Holy Communion (If there is no Saturday Mass or due to the COVID pandemic, one can offer a Spiritual Communion, see below)
3. Pray five decades of the Rosary
4. Keep Our Lady company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
The Great Promise
Our Lady promised to assist all those who will practice the devotion of the first Saturday on five consecutive months with the graces necessary for salvation at the hour of their death.
Promise not a guarantee of heaven
It would be a serious mistake to think that those who practice the devotion on five consecutive First Saturdays are guaranteed passage into heaven when the moment of their death arrives. Our cooperation with grace is always required.A life-long devotion, not merely five First Saturdays
The promise associated with the practice of the devotion on five consecutive First Saturdays has been mistakenly construed by many to mean that, once one has completed a series of five, they have accomplished the devotion and are finished. This was not Our Lady’s intention in making the promise, and has resulted in far fewer people practicing the devotion.
Our regular practice of the First Saturdays is a sign of our devotion to the Immaculate Heart and a desire on our part to make reparation for the blasphemies against her.